SUPERJAIL’S FLAWLESS ANIMATION APPRECIATION POST
•Average frame rate for this show - 34-40 fps
•Average frame rate for general (flash) animated TV series -20-24 fps
ok I’m going to freak out for a second and just say as an animation major I study this show constantly based on it’s mastery level of using the principles of animation in action in motions. There are a large number of people who can’t stomach the content of the show (which is ok) but those of us who can watch it know how it’s basically porn for aspiring animators. While only being paid an Adult Swim salary, the Superjail crew display an overwhelming amount of talent and skill that people would normally expect to see in the old hand-drawn department of Disney or something. Also, IT IS MADE WITH FLASH. DO I EVEN NEED TO GET INTO WHY THAT’S SO STUNNING AND SIGNIFICANT!?
The first season was produced in Augenblick Studios in 2008 and is now being produced in Titmouse Studios since season 2. The animation in this series has been described as “barouque and complicated and hard to take in at a single viewing” since day one. I think I’m going to stop now otherwise I’m never going to. Ally out.
ok if makoto got all creepy yandere on rei’s ass for nagisa’s sake, imagine what he’ll do once he finds out sousuke is fucking around with haru….
Me: *doggy paddles* “make us free na splash kasaneta”
You know, technically, everyone from SNK is of different nationality. Which language do you think they speak to interact with each other?
look what the fuck you made me do i hope you’re happy short shorts anon
(if the last whistle doesn’t load it’s a glitch with youtube, gotta spam refresh until you get it, i’ve tried to do everything about it but 50% of the time whistle is kill)
- everything you need to know about pixel art and how to start (best one so far)
- pixel art, what is it?
- an introduction to pixel art by richard janes
- 2D will never die’s tutorials page
- ultrashock’s pixel art tutorials: part i | part ii | part iii | part iv
- wikihow’s become a pixel artist
- great list of 30 tutorials
- create a 3D characters from pixel art
the big list of pixel art tutorials by pixelprospector
pixel art tutorials
- HUGE Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (pixeljoint)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (Derek Yu)
- Pixel Art Tutorial (Natomic / Mark)
- Big Collection of Pixel Art Tutorials (Gas 13)
- Pixel Art (drbubu)
- Pixel Tutorial (Final Boss Blues)
- Pixel Art Tutorials (deviantART)
- More Pixel Art Tutorials (TIGSource Forums)
- Even More Pixel Art Tutorials (Pixel-Zone / Some dead links…)
- Learning Pixel Art (Black Golem)
- A Beginner’s Guide To Spriting (TIGSource Forums)
- 2D Tile Art Basics (Flash Game Dojo)pixel art inspiration
- HUGE collection of Pixel Art, Mockups and more from TIGSource forums!!
- Tzigla (a place for collaborative pixelated drawings in 100×100 pixel squares)
- Pixel Art Guild (site that features Pixel Art)
- Pixel Art Mega Thread (Something Awful Forums)
- Pixel Art Rebirth In Digital Animations (Game Comments)
- Hall of Fame for Games Featuring Outstanding Pixel Art (TIGSource Forums)pixel art forumsfreelance guide
- Pixel Art Freelance Guide (Adam “Atomic” Saltsman)graphic style analysis
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part I (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part II (Black Golem)
- Graphic Style Analysis – Part III (Black Golem)tutorials about glowy graphics